Monday 22 March 2010

THE BEST KEPT SECRET TO RAISING THE BAR IN YOUR LIFE

Saturday 20 March 2010

I am having a glorious day. At home, just my son and I, having quality chats while I prepare for a cheese and wine party with friends tonight.

A little while ago we were chatting about how “Birds of a Feather Flock Together” and you become like those that you spend your time with.

You are a reflection of those you spend your time with.

If you are surrounded by unhappy, overweight, financially desperate, or broke people you will wind up sharing the same fate.

If you want to be healthy, happy, fit, and wealthy, hang out with people who are healthy, happy, fit and wealthy.

Through the years I have watched friends, clients and family members all wanting more in their lives, and yet somehow failing to achieve this because they continue to “hang out” with friends who lower the bar in their lives.

So how do your friends spend their time? Are they constantly complaining about now having enough money …… whining about their partners and bad relationships ……. all the while enjoying their bad health as they take another puff of a cigarette, and never take action to change things?

I keep these people away from my life because they are time wasters, and time is something we can’t buy. When you identify these time wasters, CUT THEM OUT! They will lower the bar in your life and cause great damage.

I was explaining to my son that because I really want the very best in life for myself, and my very precious family, I do not allow time wasters and non-action takers into my space.

I take great care as to how I construct my personal environment. I choose to interact with the few who make me feel great, who love learning, having fun and contribute. They are the ones I want to be around.

What ACTIONS do your friends take? Are they talkers and not Doers?

How are you spending your time? Time is the ONLY limited thing in our life. How your friends spend their time is how you will spend your time.

There are consequences for all choices. As a Life Coach I fully understand about taking Responsibility, and one of the 5 Foundation Rules for my coaching practice is this:TO THE DEGREE THAT YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY DETERMINES YOUR SUCCESS

Your success is determined by your Actions and how you spend your time.

Choose who you spend your time with wisely, because this decision will affect you for the rest of your life.

No comments: