Friday 16 April 2010

Sex, Success, Rules and Dating

My belief is that sex is sacred energy. The act itself is the only energy that creates life. I view this as a very spiritual connection. When we decide to cross the bridge of friendship and connect intimately we are embracing one another, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually too.

On a physical level we take on a partner's energy ...... their viruses, their bacteria, their passion and pace.

It stands to reason that if this happens on a physical level, it must happen on an emotional and spiritual level too. We take on our partner's emotional and spiritual energy.

When we don't really know much about this intimate partner, their physical, emotional and spiritual energy, it could be a very dangerous combination.

Other than just once :) I have always waited at least 5 months, to really get to know my partner before crossing that bridge. I need to know what his Values are, what his short and long term goals are, what he thinks of me, how he feels about me, how he will Value and support me and those I value in my life.

I certainly wouldn't want to share my sacred energy with a man who wouldn't support my values. This cannot be determined in the first few weeks of meeting him.

When coaching my clients I strongly suggest that they find out more about the people they are dating before connecting intimately.

I love the way Steve Harvey writes about it in his book "Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man" when he advocates the 90 day Rule. I'm a great believer that this Rule works well in the dating world.

To Happy Connections!

No comments: